Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at the intricate floral designs on the Taj Mahal, watch the setting sun cast a rosy glow over the otherworldly landscape of Hampi, and listen to monks chanting in the shadow of the mighty Himalaya in Ladakh - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's India:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, drink, sport, politics
- Covers Delhi, Rajasthan, Kashmir, Ladakh, Agra, Varanasi, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Rishikesh, West Bengal, Darjeeling, Goa, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Mumbai (Bombay), Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kerala, Andaman Islands and more.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's India is our most comprehensive guide to India, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's South India & Kerala; Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra; or Goa & Mumbai guides for an in-depth look at what these regions and cities have to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017